Common names of Lasodha include fragrant manjack, snotty gobbles, glue berry,anonang, pink pearl, bird lime tree, Indian cherry, लसोड़ा Lasoda Tenti टेंटी, Dela डेला or Gunda (Hindi), Lasura (Nepali) and Bhokar (Marathi).
Lasodha is available in the market in May June
- lasoda- 500 gms
- Oill 20 table spoons
- red chilly coarsly grounded-2 table spoons
- salt -to taste (around 3 table spoon)
- Garlic- One whole ( make paste without adding water)
- Mustard seeds grinded – 3 table spoons
- Turmeric-1 table spooon full
- Roasted and grinded spices- 1,2 table spoon cumin seeds+ one table spoon corriender+ one table spoon Anise (saunf)
- 1,2 t spoon fenugreek ( methi)
- wash lasoda twice .
- Keep ( double the amont of lasoda )water in a pan , let it boil add lasoda to it , boil it for 5 minutes, it should become little soft (dont boil it for long time).
- Take it out fromwater. Dry it under sun.
- Take lasoda in a pan , pour 3-4 spoon of mustard oil , be sure that all lasodas are coated with oil. Add salt, chilly powder, garlic paste, roasted spices and trmeric , mix them properly .
- Take a glass jar, coat its inner wall with mustard oil and keep pickle in it.
- Keep this jar in sun for4-5 days. Your pickle is ready to eat. serve it with hot namkeen poories.