Very Easy and healthy breakfast/ snack, specially for youths staying away from home.
- sprouted moong- one bowl
- Sprouted gram (chana)- one bowlblack salt
- pepper powder
- white salt
- Roasted and grinded cumin seeds
- cumn seeds-1/2 tspoon
- Onion- one medium sized (Finally chopped)
- green chillies finally chopped -2
- 1/2tspoon oil/ghee
- Corriender leaves
Method of Sprouting-Soak gram and whole moong ( Khadi Moong) for 6-7 hours. Drain water and tie it in muslin cloth keep it in a basket (it should have aeration), It take 8 to 12 hours to sprout depending on the atmospheric temperature.
Open muslin cloth when grains are sprouted. Separate unsprouted seed and wash it under water. Your sprouts are ready for use.
- Take a pan heat ghee/oil till steaming hot. Put cumin seeds and asfoetida. Add sprouts the moment cumin seeds start crackling. add green chillies and little water to it, Cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprouts will become soft. Now add black pepper, black salt and roasted cumin seeds.
- Garnish it with finally chopped onion and coriander leaves. You can squeeze half lemon and add bikaneri bhujia to enhance its taste. Those who like curd can add curd to it.
Sprouts can be eaten without cooking . Omit step one simply add all other ingredients and enjoy. This will be more healthy and convenient.
If you want you can add even boiled and mashed potato to it .top it with round mthari ( used in Bhel) Sprout bhel is ready.
- asafoetida little
- cumin seeds 1/4 tspoon
- Matha/ Diluted curd 2 cups
- turmeric 1/2 tspoon
- Ghee-1 tspoon
- black salt
- roasted and ground cumin seeds
- white salt
- crushed dried red chillies
Item 1to 4 can be added according to your taste.
- 1 potato boiled and chopped in small pieces
- Stir curd or mattha till it gets smooth.
- Mix turmeric and item 1-4 in curd and mix it properly.
- put a pan on gas stove , pour ghee and let it heat till smoky.
- put cumin seeds , let it crackle and pour curd mixture in it. Stir continuously till it starts boiling.
- Add boiled and chopped potato to it.
- Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
Serve hot with, Roti, Paratha or Rice.
100 gms – spinach (palak)
Wheat flour- 100 gms
salt- to taste
4 -medium sized potato
Cumin seeds-1/2 tea spoon
Coriander leaves-1/2 bunch
Salt to taste
Ghee or vegetable oil -4 table spoons
- Wash and boil spinach leaves in minimum amount of water.
- Grind boiled leaves into a smoot paste.
- Take wheat flour in a pan add spinach paste and salt to taste, knead it ino a dough.
- Boil and mash potato.
- Grind coriander leaves cumin seeds , green chillies and salt in a paste.
- Mix coriander paste in mashed potato.
- Divide dough in 4 equal parts.
- Fill 1/4 th of filing in one part of green dough and roll it to make paratha .
- Heat Pan on high flame, when pan gets hot put rolled paratha on it.
- Flip it after some time and apply ghee or vegetable oil.
- let it cook for sometime (red spots on paratha is the indicator)
- Flip again and apply ghee on the other side. Use wooden spatula from sides to puff it.
- Your Paratha is ready to eat.
This paratha has no hot spices, it is rich in iron and healthy meal. Enjoy it with plain curd or Palak ka raita and pickle.
- Chicken-400 gms
- Rice- 2 full cups (biryani Rice, preferably aged)
- Bay leaves -10
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Kesar-few threads soaked in half cup of milk
- Onion- 6 medium sized (2 Chopped and 4 grinded)
- Garlic- 10-15 cloves +Zinger-1/2 inch- make paste
- Garam masala powder – 1 table spoon
- Oil-4 table spoons
- Pure ghee- 2 table spoons
- Turmeric ½ tea spoon
- Chilly powder-1/4-1/2 tea spoon
- Corriender powder -0ne table spoon
- Salt to taste
Soak all powder spices in water.
Whole spices for making fresh paste ( it gives aroma and taste to the dish)
- black cumin seeds- 1/4 tea spoons
- cinamom/ dalcheeni-1/2 inch
- nut meg /jayphal-1/4
- javitri/ mace- very little
- Poppy seeds- 2 tea spoons
- Cloves -2
- Green cardmon-2
- Black pepper- 10 in numbder
Soak all the whole spices in water for some time and make smooth paste.
Marination- Marinate chicken in curd and !/2 tea spoons of garam masala for 30 minutes
Boiling Rice- Wash and soak rice in water for some time.
Take around 6 -7 cups of water in a pan put ½ t spoons of pure ghee , 2 cardamoms, 2bay leaves in it. Add soaked rice to it when water starts boiling. Cook rice till it is nearly done. Press it with hand and be sure that it is left very little uncooked(ek kinki kachcha). Drain water and keep it aside.
Fry one finally chopped onion in desi ghee(cleared butter)e and keep it aside for garnishing.
- Put oil in a pan and add 2 bay leaves to it. Add ginger garlic paste when oil gets heated. Sitr for some time till it turn golden. Add one chopped onion and fry it till golden brown. Now add groided onion and cook it in mediun flam till it starts leaving sides of the pan and turns light brown. Add powder spices and cook it till done . ( oil sperates from spices).
- Put chicken pieces to it and cook it by stirring continuously. It will leave some water and the it will start drying . add little water and cover it with lid till done,. Evoporate excess water and make it dry. Add freshly grounded spices to it and mix them properly in medium flame and continuoud stirring. Now you korma is ready for biryani
- Take a heavy base utensil cover its base with bay leaves. Pour small amount of rice spread it evently then put another uniform layer of chicken, then again a layer or rice and korma. Top most layer should be of rice . Make four hole by using handle of spoon and pour saffron milk in them. Cover rice with fried onions. Cover the pan with lid. It will be better if its lid could be sealed with dough otherwise a heavy weight can also be kept on it. Put it on low flame for around 5-7 minutes. Leave it for some time . Open the lid and mix rice and chicken gently. Serve hot with curd and Onion.