- Raw mango 500 gms
- roasted coriander seeds -1table spoon
- fenugreek-1 tea spoon
- black salt 1 tea spoon full
- red chilly -1 tea spoon
- white salt to taste
- onion seeds-1/2 tea spoons
- oil-1 tea spoon
- jaggery 1/2 kg
- asafoetida little
- cumin seeds -1/2 tea spoon
- Wash raw mangoes , peel it and chop it in small pieces.
- Tak a deep pan, put it on gas flame, pour oil into it. Put cumin seed , allow it to crackle, now add asafoetida to it.
- Pour all mango pieces it , stir well now add crushed jaggery to it , simmer the flame and keep it stirring.
- Jaggery will melt and you will get a syrup,add salts and other spices to it..
- Let mangoes cook in the syrup for 10-15 minutes, check in between if it is done.
- Switch off the flame now mango pieces will have shiny look . Let it cool and serve it with puri, kachori roti or enjoy it like a murrabba (a Sweet Dish).