- asafoetida little
- cumin seeds 1/4 tspoon
- Matha/ Diluted curd 2 cups
- turmeric 1/2 tspoon
- Ghee-1 tspoon
- black salt
- roasted and ground cumin seeds
- white salt
- crushed dried red chillies
Item 1to 4 can be added according to your taste.
- 1 potato boiled and chopped in small pieces
- Stir curd or mattha till it gets smooth.
- Mix turmeric and item 1-4 in curd and mix it properly.
- put a pan on gas stove , pour ghee and let it heat till smoky.
- put cumin seeds , let it crackle and pour curd mixture in it. Stir continuously till it starts boiling.
- Add boiled and chopped potato to it.
- Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
Serve hot with, Roti, Paratha or Rice.
100 gms-spinach leaves
black salt-1/2 tea spoon
roasted and grinded cumin seeds =1/2 tea spoon
Green chillies- 2
- Boil and grind palak in smoth paste.
- Beat curd till its smooth.
- Add salt, cumin seed powder, black salt, white and chilly powder to curd.
- Add pala paste to curd and mix well. Your raita (green Dip) is ready. Enjoy it with aloo paratha or any other dish.
100 gms – spinach (palak)
Wheat flour- 100 gms
salt- to taste
4 -medium sized potato
Cumin seeds-1/2 tea spoon
Coriander leaves-1/2 bunch
Salt to taste
Ghee or vegetable oil -4 table spoons
- Wash and boil spinach leaves in minimum amount of water.
- Grind boiled leaves into a smoot paste.
- Take wheat flour in a pan add spinach paste and salt to taste, knead it ino a dough.
- Boil and mash potato.
- Grind coriander leaves cumin seeds , green chillies and salt in a paste.
- Mix coriander paste in mashed potato.
- Divide dough in 4 equal parts.
- Fill 1/4 th of filing in one part of green dough and roll it to make paratha .
- Heat Pan on high flame, when pan gets hot put rolled paratha on it.
- Flip it after some time and apply ghee or vegetable oil.
- let it cook for sometime (red spots on paratha is the indicator)
- Flip again and apply ghee on the other side. Use wooden spatula from sides to puff it.
- Your Paratha is ready to eat.
This paratha has no hot spices, it is rich in iron and healthy meal. Enjoy it with plain curd or Palak ka raita and pickle.
- Chicken-400 gms
- Rice- 2 full cups (biryani Rice, preferably aged)
- Bay leaves -10
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Kesar-few threads soaked in half cup of milk
- Onion- 6 medium sized (2 Chopped and 4 grinded)
- Garlic- 10-15 cloves +Zinger-1/2 inch- make paste
- Garam masala powder – 1 table spoon
- Oil-4 table spoons
- Pure ghee- 2 table spoons
- Turmeric ½ tea spoon
- Chilly powder-1/4-1/2 tea spoon
- Corriender powder -0ne table spoon
- Salt to taste
Soak all powder spices in water.
Whole spices for making fresh paste ( it gives aroma and taste to the dish)
- black cumin seeds- 1/4 tea spoons
- cinamom/ dalcheeni-1/2 inch
- nut meg /jayphal-1/4
- javitri/ mace- very little
- Poppy seeds- 2 tea spoons
- Cloves -2
- Green cardmon-2
- Black pepper- 10 in numbder
Soak all the whole spices in water for some time and make smooth paste.
Marination- Marinate chicken in curd and !/2 tea spoons of garam masala for 30 minutes
Boiling Rice- Wash and soak rice in water for some time.
Take around 6 -7 cups of water in a pan put ½ t spoons of pure ghee , 2 cardamoms, 2bay leaves in it. Add soaked rice to it when water starts boiling. Cook rice till it is nearly done. Press it with hand and be sure that it is left very little uncooked(ek kinki kachcha). Drain water and keep it aside.
Fry one finally chopped onion in desi ghee(cleared butter)e and keep it aside for garnishing.
- Put oil in a pan and add 2 bay leaves to it. Add ginger garlic paste when oil gets heated. Sitr for some time till it turn golden. Add one chopped onion and fry it till golden brown. Now add groided onion and cook it in mediun flam till it starts leaving sides of the pan and turns light brown. Add powder spices and cook it till done . ( oil sperates from spices).
- Put chicken pieces to it and cook it by stirring continuously. It will leave some water and the it will start drying . add little water and cover it with lid till done,. Evoporate excess water and make it dry. Add freshly grounded spices to it and mix them properly in medium flame and continuoud stirring. Now you korma is ready for biryani
- Take a heavy base utensil cover its base with bay leaves. Pour small amount of rice spread it evently then put another uniform layer of chicken, then again a layer or rice and korma. Top most layer should be of rice . Make four hole by using handle of spoon and pour saffron milk in them. Cover rice with fried onions. Cover the pan with lid. It will be better if its lid could be sealed with dough otherwise a heavy weight can also be kept on it. Put it on low flame for around 5-7 minutes. Leave it for some time . Open the lid and mix rice and chicken gently. Serve hot with curd and Onion.
A summer recipe, with lots of lauki, this dish takes around half an hour to cook. An easy to cook preparation that can add the zing in any boring meal.
Have it with hot paranthas or steamed rice and dal.
Try out the recipe and let us know in the comments how you like it.
Ingredients for kofta
Lauki (Bottle gourd) – 400 grams
Besan – 3 table spoon
Salt – to taste
Chilli powder – to taste
Onions – 1 big (grind)
Garlic – 5 cloves
Ginger- ½ inch
Tomato- 2 medium sized (pureed)
Bay leaves/Tez patta -1 in number
Garam masala powder- ¼ tea spoon
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder- ¼ tea spoon (add according to your taste)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Grate the lauki and drain excess water. Add besan a pinch of salt and chilly powder and make balls. Deep fry till golden brown and set aside.
- In a kadhai, take 2 tea spoons of mustard oil add tez patta (bay leaves) and add paste of onion, garlic and ginger. Cook in medium flame till it turns brown.
- Add water to haldi (tumeric), mirchi (red chilli), dhaniya (coriander) and garam masala powder and pour them in kadhai, cook the mixture until it turns dark brown. Add pureed tomato and cook again for few minutes so that the tomatoes are completely cooked.
- Add half cup of water and mix it well. Add the kofta, cook it for 2- 3 minutes until the water evaporates and masala sticks to the balls.
Serve it with rice, dal and salad.
This is one of my all time favourite food and one of my mother’s recipe. The kasoori methi adds a kick to the flavour.
The preparation time of the dish is 45-50 minutes. Serve it with steamed rice to make it a good wholesome meal. Try the recipe and let us know in the comments how you like it.
Ingredients for kofta
Panner- 150 grams
Cornflour – I table spoon
Salt – to taste
Ingredients for curry
Mustard Oil/ Ghee
Onions – 3 medium sized (one chopped and 2 grinded)
Garlic – 10 cloves
Ginger- 1 inch
Bay leaves/Tez patta -2 in number
Kasoori methi- 1 tea spoon full
Garam masala powder- ½ tea spoon
Turmeric powder- ½ tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1/2 tea spoon (add according to your taste)
Fresh garam masala for aroma – 1 teaspoon poppy seeds (khaskhas) + ¼ tea spoon cumin seeds (jeera) + little javitri + little nutmeg (jaiphal) +3 green cardamom + 2 cloves and 10 black pepper — soak these spices for some time and make a smooth paste.
Preparation time: 40-50 minutes
- Grate the paneer and mix 1 table spoon of corn flour and salt to taste, rub it with hands till smooth, make round or oval balls and deep fry till golden brown and set aside.
- For curry – Take 4 to 5 tea spoons of oil in a kadhai add tez patta (bay leaves) and chopped onions to it. When onions become golden brown add grounded onion garlic and ginger paste to it. Fry in medium flame till it turns brown and leaves the sides of pan.
- Add water to haldi (tumeric), mirchi (red chilli), dhaniya (coriander) and garam masala powder and pour them in kadhai, cook the mixture until it turns dark brown. Add chopped tomato and cook again for few minutes so that the tomatoes are completely. To check whether it is cooked, the mixture should not stick to the kadhai.
- Add 3 small bowls of water to it and let it boil for 5-7 minutes and add the fresh garam masala paste to it and mix it well. Let it boil again and add the kofta, cook it for 2- 3 minutes and add kasoori methi to it.
Serve it with rice and salad.